Its a worldwide phenomenon. Over 220 walks wordwide in 15 countries, all walking at the same time on the same day. Its the GREAT GLOBAL GREYHOUND WALK 2019. The theme this year is CELEBRATION, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the GGGW. Dress up you and your hound in your interpretation of celebration and have a fun walk with local hounds recognising your part in a worldwide event.
Greyhounds as Pets have organised walks virtually throughout the country. Find out where your local event is:
- Christchurch: North Hagley Park (Armagh Street carpark)
- Nelson: Animates Store, 1 Elm Street, Stoke
- Wellington: Frank Kitts Park, Wellington Foreshore
- Horowhenua/Kapiti: Paraparaumu Beach (main carpark).
- Palmerston North: The Esplanade (Park Road Entrance, Miniture Railway Carpark)
- Napier: Clive Square Gardens
- New Plymouth: Pukekura Park (Sports Ground main entrance)
- Hamilton: Innes Common, Hamilton Lake
- Tauranga: Mount Drury, Mt Maunganui (Ocean side)
- Auckland: Cornwall Park, Pohutukawa Drive (main carpark)
- Whangarei: Canopy Bridge, Hatea Loop Walk, Whangarei Town Basin
- Masterton: Henley Lake, Columbo Road entrance car par
Check out your local Greyhounds as Pets Facebook page for any special activities associated with your local walk.
Have a greyt walk.