Its a worldwide phenomenon. Over 220 walks wordwide in 15 countries, all walking at the same time on the same day. Its the GREAT GLOBAL GREYHOUND WALK 2019. The theme this year is CELEBRATION, celebrating the 10th anniversary of the GGGW. Dress up you and your hound in your interpretation of celebration and have a fun walk with local hounds recognising your part in a worldwide event.
Greyhounds as Pets have organised walks virtually throughout the country. Find out where your local event is:
- Christchurch: North Hagley Park (Armagh Street carpark)
- Activities: Picnic, Bake Sale and Raffle (please bring cash for these)
- Nelson: Animates Store, 1 Elm Street, Stoke
- Wellington: Frank Kitts Park, Wellington Foreshore
- Horowhenua/Kapiti: Paraparaumu Beach (main carpark).
- Hosted by Kapiti Greyhound Friends and Needlenose Hound Services
- Palmerston North: The Esplanade (Park Road Entrance, Miniture Railway Carpark)
- Napier: Clive Square Gardens
- New Plymouth: Pukekura Park (Sports Ground main entrance)
- Hamilton: Innes Common, Hamilton Lake
- Tauranga: Mount Drury, Mt Maunganui (Ocean side)
- Auckland: Cornwall Park, Pohutukawa Drive (main carpark)
- Actvities: Raffle, Official Photographer, Greyhound Rub Downs (please bring cash for these)
- Whangarei: Canopy Bridge, Hatea Loop Walk, Whangarei Town Basin
- Masterton: Henley Lake, Columbo Road Entrance Carpark.
- Rotorua: Palmers Garden Centre, Rotorua
- Timaru: Saltwater Creek, Timaru (this walk is an 11:00am start)
- Katikati (BOP): Haiku walkway (this walk is an 11:00am start)
Have a greyt walk.