Annnnd, we're back!!
So dust off those walking shoes!
We are now able to recommence our monthly walks under Covid-19 Level 2 however we need to implement some new procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of both our community and our GAP family. If you plan to attend a monthly walk please read the below information:
- All participants at GAP organised events must sign a contact tracing sheet (including name, contact phone number and email address). Details will be retained for 2 months per govt requirements.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at sign in, please use this to protect yourself and others prior to signing in for the event
- Please observe social distancing guidelines of 1 metre at all times with anyone outside your immediate family/whanau/bubble
- Much as we would love to see you, please don’t attend if you have cold or flu like symptoms, or are feeling generally unwell
- If there is a large group attending a walk the Event Coordinator will divide you into smaller groups – so that you can easily observe social distancing but still socialise as a group
- If the group is attending a business eg. Café as a part of the walk, please follow the venue guidelines regards hygiene and social distancing
- If you are approached by a member of the public during a walk please observe social distancing guidelines
- We suggest checking with owners before contact (ie patting) with their dog, this will be at the individual’s discretion, please respect each other’s preferences
- We suggest if you are concerned about any contact with your dog that you use a mild soap and water solution to wipe them over with at the end of the walk
Come and join our greyhounds for a walk in Nelson. Meeting at the Honest Lawyer Pub Carpark at 11am, we'll head out for a walk and on return maybe a drink and some lunch.
We welcome ideas for our monthly adventures, so if you have a walk you’d like to share with other hounds and hoomans please let our Event Coordinator Olivia know, we have 12 spots to fill every year!
GAP walks are open to all adopted greyhounds no matter where adopted from, their canine siblings from the same household, all other sighthounds and of course anyone considering adopting a greyhound through GAP. Please feel free to come along for a “pat and chat” session.
Events are also posted to Facebook: Greyhounds as Pets NZ and your regional page (GAP Nelson/Marlborough), Click on the EVENTS tab (left of screen) for details/comments.
Photo kindly provided by RGH Photos, thanks Richard.