Annnnd, we're back!!
So dust off those walking shoes!
We are now able to recommence our monthly walks under Covid-19 Level 2 however we need to implement some new procedures to ensure the safety and welfare of both our community and our GAP family. If you plan to attend a monthly walk please read below:
- All participants at GAP organised events must sign a contact tracing sheet (including name, contact phone number and email address). Details will be retained for 2 months per govt requirements.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at sign in, please use this to protect yourself and others prior to signing in for the event
- Please observe social distancing guidelines of 1 metre at all times with anyone outside your immediate family/whanau
- Much as we would love to see you, please don’t attend if you have cold or flu like symptoms, or are feeling generally unwell
- If there is a large group attending a walk the Event Coordinator will divide you into smaller groups – so that you can easily observe social distancing but still socialise as a group
- If the group is attending a business eg. Café as a part of the walk, please follow the venue guidelines regards hygiene and social distancing
- If you are approached by a member of the public during a walk please observe social distancing guidelines
- We suggest checking with owners before contact (ie patting) with their dog, this will be at the individual’s discretion, please respect each other’s preferences
- We suggest if you are concerned about any contact with your dog that you use a mild soap and water solution to wipe them over with at the end of the walk
Greyhounds in the Manawatu area walk on the Last Sunday of each month. The meeting place for the walk is at the lookout carpark on Cambridge Avenue in Ashhurst. This is an on-lead walk but as there is the opportunity for an off lead run all off-lead hounds need to be wearing muzzles.
We welcome ideas for our doggy adventures, so if you have a walk you’d like to share with other hounds and hoomans please let our Event Coordinators Sarah and Chris know!
GAP walks are open to all adopted greyhounds no matter where adopted from, their canine siblings from the same household, all other sighthounds and of course anyone considering adopting a greyhound through GAP. Please feel free to come along for a “pat and chat” session.
Events are also posted to Facebook: Greyhounds as Pets NZ and your regional page (GAP Manawatu), Click on the EVENTS tab (left of screen) for details/comments.
Photo kindly provided by RGH Photos, thanks Richard