You were probably as frustrated last night when you heard about moving back up Covid-19 alert levels as we were. But here we are, we've been here before and we can do it again.
Adoptions & Foster Placements
So as of today, and outside of Auckland, GAP is moving back to Alert Level 2 protocols, which means we still do adoption and foster handovers, we will just do them contactless. At Alert Level 3, currently in Auckland, we can only hand over dogs in specific situations. Please contact us if you need assistance. Our team will have any conversations required in the adoption process with you virtually.
This is how we keep you safe
- We will provide you with information on the process we will use before we agree to pick-up the greyhound, or accept delivery of the greyhound at an agreed pick-up point.
- We will liaise with one person only when delivering or picking up a dog.
- We will maintain social distancing of 2m with that person.
- We will wash our hands or use hand sanitiser before handling anything (including the dog) that we expect you take into your home
- We ask you to bath the dog immediately on receiving them onto your property, and that you wear gloves to do this; and wash your clothes on completion of the task.
This is how we keep ourselves safe
- We will require your agreement to our pick-up or drop-off procedures before we visit, and confirmation whether you or any member of your household are showing symptoms of COVID-19
- We will maintain social distancing of 2m at all times
- We will thoroughly wash our hands immediately prior to our visit (or use hand sanitiser) and ask you to do the same
- We will use appropriate protective equipment when handling the dog. e.g. gloves
- We will wash the dog if they remain in our care after being transported to where they will reside.
No events or walks will be carried out during COVID-19 Levels 3 or above. We have therefore cancelled our GAP walk in Auckland this weekend.
GAP walks in the rest of New Zealand will be happening as listed on our website. At Level 2, we will provide hand sanitiser and require you to complete a contract tracing register and maintain 2 meters social distance from other walkers if you attend. We can still have a nice time to get together. We currently have no other events scheduled and we will decide on a case by case basis and in consultation with the organiser if we attend those.
If you’re unwell
- If you’re sick or had contact with a probable or confirmed case, stay home. Don’t socialise.
- If you are experiencing cold and flu like systems, tell us and we will be able reschedule any planned handover.
Thank you for your support that will keep our greyt community of hounds and humans safe from COVID-19!